Toronto – December 11, 2014 – The ZTE Grand X Plus, a new smartphone offering advanced performance for a great price, is the first handset designed in Canada at the company’s recently opened Ottawa-based R&D Centre and is now available with Fido.
“The Grand X Plus represents a big achievement for ZTE, our first smartphone designed by Canadians for Canadians,” said Denson Xu, CEO of ZTE Canada. “We’re very proud of its performance and exceptional value. Customers can enjoy all the benefits of a high-end smartphone at a fraction of the price.”
Opened in June, the ZTE Canadian R&D Centre is the company’s 19th worldwide and their first in Canada. The team in Ottawa will focus on innovation, certification, mobile security, and hardware and IC design.
“Fido has always delivered value to their customers, offering the latest devices and wireless services at a great price,” said Denson Xu. “The ZTE Grand X Plus takes these values to heart, blending exceptional performance and great value. It is a perfect addition to Fido’s smartphone lineup.”
The ZTE Grand X Plus features:
- 5.0” HD display and Dolby® sound – Enjoy an extraordinary watching and listening experience. Photos and videos will look sharp and vivid in crisp 720p HD, and the Dolby audio chipset will make sure your music, movies and gaming sound crystal clear.
- 8MP main camera – Take photos like a pro and record videos in 1080p HD with the 8MP rear camera and LED flash. Group Mode lets you choose each person’s best expression and combine them in one photo. And enjoy high quality selfies and video calls with a 2MP front camera.
- Android™ 4.4 KitKat – Enjoy all the great features of Android™ and over a million apps, games, movies and more available on the Google Play™ store.
- 4G LTE and 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor – The speedy Qualcomm® quad-core processor and LTE network provide lightning-fast device response and browsing capability, and Qualcomm’s Quick Charge™ 1.0 lets you charge at lightning speeds too.
- 2300mAh battery – Power up the ZTE Grand X Plus with the quick-charge capabilities of the 2,300mAh battery that provides up to 8 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time.
- More memory – 2 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage and microSDHC support for up to 32 GB
The ZTE Grand X Plus is available now in stores and online with Fido for $0 on a two-year Smart plan, $50 on a two-year Standard plan or $200 with no contract.
ZTE is a leading global provider of handsets and telecommunications equipment. In North America, they are among the top four smartphones and handset vendors and are the second-biggest smartphone vendor in the pre-paid market. ZTE is one of the top rated high-tech enterprises in the world, developing and producing 2G, 3G and 4G handsets and mobile devices in over 150 countries. ZTE connects customers around the world via voice, data, multimedia and WLAN. Founded in 1985, ZTE is listed on the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges and is China’s largest listed telecom equipment company.
Visit us on the web at ztedevices.ca, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Toronto Maple Leafs star and ZTE brand ambassador Joffrey Lupul helps ZTE Canada CEO Denson Xu unveil the Grand X Plus smartphone, which was designed in Canada at the recently opened ZTE Research and Design Centre. The phone is now available on Fido.